Take a trade war with China, mix in frosty economic relations with Canada and Europe, add in Federal Reserve rate hikes and here's what you get: A recession by 2020.
So says Ronald Temple, head of US equity for Lazard Asset Management.
He told CNN Business that President Donald Trump's protectionist policies may lead to a deep slowdown in the economy, particularly because these trade skirmishes coincide with rising interest rates.
"A recession in the near-term is not inevitable, but the risk of...
- Trade and development
- East Asia
- US government independent agencies
- economy and trade
- Interest rates
- US federal government
- United States
- US federal departments and agencies
- The Americas
- finance and investments
- Government and public administration
- Government bodies and offices
- The Fed
- Trade regulation and policy
- Economic policy
- White House
- Business And Finance
- North America
- Economic decline
- Monetary policy
- International trade
- Government organizations - US
- Trade wars
- Economic conditions
- Economy and economic indicators
- Continents and regions