President Donald Trump said Friday that he believes Saudi Arabia's explanation for the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi and called the arrest of 18 Saudis "a good first step."
The Saudi Arabian government announced Friday that Khashoggi died after a fistfight at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, and that 18 Saudis had been arrested for further investigation while Deputy Director of Saudi Intelligence Ahmed al-Assiri had been dismissed.
"I do. I do," Trump said when asked about his confidence...
- White House
- Political Figures - US
- Embassies and consulates
- Continents and regions
- US federal government
- Middle East
- Jamal Khashoggi
- Saudi Arabia
- Government organizations - US
- Government bodies and offices
- Government departments and authorities
- Government and public administration
- International relations and national security
- US Senate
- Donald Trump
- Misc people
- US Congress
- Middle East and North Africa
- International relations
- Gerry Connolly
- State departments and diplomatic services