6 Stocks to Buy for Their Massive Stock Buybacks
Kiplinger -

Stock buybacks are big business. In the second quarter of 2019 alone, S&P 500 companies spent almost $165 billion on share repurchases - and that was 26% less than the record high spent in Q4 2018.

But it's still a big number. "While the decline is significant compared to 2018, it remains higher than the pre-2018 levels," writes Howard Silverblatt, senior index analyst at S&P Dow Jones Indices.

Buybacks yield several benefits. Among them, given the simple math of calculating earnings...


In related news

  • The 13 Best Health-Care Stocks to Buy for 2020

    One of the most attractive reasons to invest in health-care stocks continues to be the world's aging population.

    The United Nations says people age 65 and older are the fastest-growing age group worldwide. It estimates that by 2050, one out of every six people will be 65 or older, accounting for 16% of the planet's total population, up from 9% in 2011. That figure is even larger in Europe and North America, where the U.N. predicts the number will be closer to 25%. The demand for health-care...


  • Fidelity Warns Boomer Generation to Stop Buying Stocks

    Older clients not prepared for next market plunge


  • 'OK, Boomer' Stop Buying Stocks, Fidelity Warns

    'OK, Boomer' Stop Buying Stocks, Fidelity Warns

    Fidelity Investments in its third-quarter retirement report has a new warning for its greedy baby boomer clients: portfolio risk has never been higher as retirees are overly exposed to equities, running a serious risk that the next market meltdown could wipe out their retirement accounts, reported Bloomberg. 

    The report notes more than 33% of baby boomer clients have exceeded Fidelity's recommended allocation to equities.

    Soaring...